Hello, yes you're correct in your understanding of the limit (although it was recently increased from 3 to 6). This was originally implemented to prevent spam, but I could look at changing this to be a limit per sequence per hour for example so that it would be less likely to impact your particular scenario.
How many times do you think it would need to retry before the whole process was kicked off again by IFTTT? Perhaps you can have a longer sequence with multiple checks and pauses so you're not relying on one sequence triggering another. For example:
- Sequence A which is triggered by IFTTT
- This checks the temperature then pauses if condition not met
- Build out the sequence to do this check multiple times
- Duplicate Sequence A so you have a second one with the same number of steps
- At the end of A have it trigger B
I know this is a bit cumbersome to set up, but should enable you to get a higher number of checks.
In the meantime I can also look at modifying the limit on the number of sequences which can be called.