This trigger fires when certain weather conditions occur.
Weather data is taken from Open Weather Map, and is checked every 10 minutes. How accurate and current the data is will depend on the location.
There are many different conditions which can be checked. These are described below.
Temperature and temperature (feels like)
This is the current temperature in either °C or °F. Temperature (feels like) accounts for the human perception of weather (for example chill factor from the wind).
This is a short description of the weather. The following conditions are possible:
- cloudy (more data available with the cloud cover condition)
- raining (more data available with the rainfall condition)
- drizzling (more data available with the rainfall condition)
- snowing (more data available with the snowfall condition)
- thunderstorm (more data available with the rainfall condition)
- hazy (more data available with the visibility condition)
- volcanic ash
Wind and wind gusts
This is a measure of the current wind or wind gusts.
You can check for a particular wind speed in metres per second, kilometres per hour or miles per hour.
Wind direction can also be tested.
To test only for speed, select any direction for direction.
To test only for wind direction, select any speed for wind speed.
The combination of wind speed and direction can be confusing when understading whether or not a sequence will fire. Below are some examples to help demonstrate how the following trigger would work:
when the wind rises above 5 km per hour from the south
The following scenarios would trigger the sequence:
- change from 2kph from the south to 6kph from the south
- change from 5kph from the south to 6kph from the south
- change from 2kph from the east to 6kph from the south
- change from 5kph from the east to 6kph from the south
- change from 6kph from the east to 8kph from the south
- change from 6kph from the east to 6kph from the south
The following scenario would not cause the sequence to trigger:
- change from 6kph from the south to 10kph from the south
Rainfall and snowfall
A measure of the amount of rain or snow in the past 1 or 3 hours.
Rainfall and snowfall are measured in millimeters.
The current air pressure measured in hectopascals (hPa).
The percentage of cloud cover.
The percentage humidity.
Maximum distance visible, measured in metres.
A number of comparisons can be performed:
- change to - the weather conditions must change to match the specified condition
- rises above - the weather condition must rise above the specified condition
- falls below - the weather condition must fall below the specified condition
- change from - the weather conditions must change after having matched the specified condition
- changes - the weather condition changes in some way
You can either specify a location here in the trigger, or it will use the location defined in your user settings.